It’s here, folks.
This crazy idea that I had, necessitated out of friends- and friends of friends coming to me in color crisis. The truth is, we all need a second opinion from time-to-time when it comes to choosing paint color. Even me.
Many of us are invested in furniture and decor. But we can change paint.
So, we end up at the local home improvement store 3 or 4 times before we’ve landed on a choice. And sometimes we put the paint up and leave it whether we love it or not because of the hassle it would take to change it. 9/10 times, people come to me after they’ve tried many samples; and what they say is something to the tune of “I just don’t know paint, and I need help.”
For the last year or so, I’ve been dreaming up a way to help people in this very scenario. I wanted to at least have a site to which I can send people when they come to me frustrated and ready to give up. And I’m very excited to share this with you.
I’ve developed something on The Morsel Designs, that I think covers it.
And it works like this:
1. Fill out the form that we’ve created. This is where we determine your specific needs, aesthetic tastes, and overall goals of your project.
2. Upload images of your space, including any adjacent rooms, or whatever visuals would be helpful.
3. Pay the fee, and wait 5-7 days. At the end of the waiting period, you will receive a PDF with 10 color options for your space. Not for color-matching (no, no, no!), but so that you have thoughtful color reccomendations prepared by a human being.
There are many digital options out there, and some of them are fabulous! Paint companies have developed so many gadgets, apps and ways to help with color. The paint world truly is having its day, technologically speaking. But there are few convenient options out there for people that would like a human opinion, and don’t want to break the bank. Imagine having a person who really knows color staring at your space, cutting through the noise, and making recommendations. It is nearly as simple as placing any other online order, but think of your waiting period as “shipping” time. To you, it’s super-convenient and affordable. For me…well…I get to play with paint color options and help people make their space gorgeous. That’s living the dream to me! Some people stuff receipts in their pockets and have to sort through them periodically. My pockets…more times than not, are crammed with folded up paint swatches. Really.
In addition to this, we’ve been doing a lot on the makeover of The Morsel Designs website. New year, new vision, and new site! Meander on over to TMD and check it all out…tell me what you think! Oh, and share, share, share! Every person who signs up on the site receives 10% off their first order!
Wishing you a beautiful New Year! And in case anyone on earth was curious, I’ll share my short-list of wishes/determinations for 2016. (I don’t like the word “resolutions.”)
1. Drink 3 liters of water every day, without fail.
2. Get my “ballet” on. (Translation: stretch more.)
3. Do not let social media pressure me, or make me feel like my life isn’t AWESOME.
4. Laugh way more.
5. Let go of the past quicker.
6. Paint more often for the joy of it. Experiment with new media.
..Ok, what are your wishes for 2016?